A faster and simpler way to apply discounts on your plans.
Pro Discount is a plugin which helps in applying discounts on the plan(s). It is faster, smarter and simpler to use than the previous methods of applying discounts.
It is recommended to use this plugin to get better performance and enhancements.
Benefits over previous Discount App, like:
- Separate screen, from where discounts can be managed more easily.
- By keeping in mind the performance factor, number of triggers for a single discount request is reduced to only one.
- Clubbing of discounts can also be done.
Steps to use and configure this plugin:
- First of all, you need to download and install this plugin.
- Enable the plugin from the Plugin Manager.
- Go to back-end configuration and set the settings as per the requirement:
- Set 'Enable Discount' to :
Yes : It will allow the applicability of discount coupons on the related plans.
No : It will not allow the applicability of discount coupons on the related plans (Neither vis Pro Discount plugin nor by Basic discount app)
- Set 'Allow clubbing of discount' to :
Yes : If you want to allow the customers to use multiple discounts on a single invoice, but only some specific discounts can be clubbed.
No : If you don't want to allow the customers to use multiple discounts on a single invoice in any case.
- A new "Discounts" tab will be added in PayPlans, from where discounts can be handled separately.
- Create new discount and set the parameters accordingly.
- Details Section:
Title - Give a title to each discount.
Published - If set to yes, then only the current discount can be used.
Coupon Type - Type of discount coupon type.
i) On First Invoice - It will allow the discount amount to be applied only on the first invoice of any subscription.
ii) On Each Recurring - It will allow the discount amount to be applied on each invoice of any subscription.
Coupon Code - The code that will be used to get the discount amount. (It should be unique for proper result)
Discount Amount - The amount to be discounted on using this discount code.
- Plan Section :
Apply On All - If set to yes then the current discount code can be used for all plans.
Apply on selected Plans - Discount can be used only for the selected plans. This option is visible only when 'Apply On All' is set to
- Other Parameters :
Start Date - The starting date of the current discount from which, it can be used. (Can be left blank for no restriction)
End Date - The ending date of the current discount up to which, it will be applicable. (Can be left blank for no restriction)
Discount Type - Set the type, in which discount amount will be applied (either fixed or percentage)
Total Usable Quantity - Set the maximum number of times, the current discount coupon can be used. (Can be left blank for no
Reusable To User - If it is set to :-
Yes : User can use the current discount coupon on different invoices.
No : User can use the current discount coupon only once.
Can be clubbed with other discounts - If it is set to :-
Yes : The current Discount coupon can always be used irrespective of the applied discounts.
No : The current Discount coupon can restrict the discount except the discount having 'Yes' in the same setting.
For eg.- There are 3 discounts coupons:
XYZ (5$ discount),
If you want -
- Someone who used XYZ coupon code, will not be able to use ABC and vice-versa.
- But the discount coupon 'EXTRA', can be used with any of these two: XYZ,ABC. It means,
only 'EXTRA' coupon should be clubbed with any of the other discounts.
In this case, set parameter 'Can be clubbed with other discounts' to 'No' for discount coupons, XYZ & ABC and 'Yes' for EXTRA.
It will give power to club with other discounts, only to the discount coupon 'EXTRA'.
Total Usage - It show the number of times, the current discount has been used yet.
Actual Consumption - It shows the number of times, the current used discount has actually been consumed.
- Customers can apply discount on front-end invoice-confirm page by using the coupon code and clicking on 'Apply'.
- Administrator can apply discounts from back-end invoice edit screen.
- By using the coupon code.
- By directly applying the amount either fixed or in percentage. Like: 5 or 5%