Learn JomSocial Profile Type (JSPT) Integration with PayPlans
Integration with JSPT allows you to combine the functionality of JSPT and PayPlans. Control over the JomSocial feature as per profile type and assign profile type as per subscription plan purchase is what this integration does. For integrating JSPT with PayPlans set the "Integrate Registration" to "No", "Integrate Subscription" to "Yes" and "Integrate with" to "PayPlans" in JSPT settings.
If you want to assign profile type to users on subscription of plans then use this integration to achieve your requirement.
Lets take an example, you have 3 profile types in JSPT, say ProfileType1, ProfileType2 and ProfileType3 and 3 plans in PayPlans(Plan1, Plan2 and Plan3). And you want to assign these profile types to different plans, like ProfileType1 is assigned when user subscribes with Plan1 and similarly ProfileType2 with Plan2 and ProfileType3 with Plan3.
Steps to follow to achieve the above requirement :
1. Create an App of JSPT (Joomlaxi Profile Type ) type.
2. In parameters, Set the profiletype which you want to assign when users subscription gets active. In our case, Set ProfileType1 on Subscription Active.
3. Attach the required plan with this app in Plan section of the app. In the example, ProfileType1 is assigned on Plan1 purchase.
4. Repeat the above steps for ProfileType2 and ProfileType3.
5. If you want to alter user's profiletype when his subscription gets hold or expires then set the profiletype parameters for on Subscription holds and on Subscription expires as well. This will automatically change user's profiletype to the mentioned profiletype when subscription changes to hold or expire.
Note : JSPT does not supports multiple profiletypes so while creating apps make sure that none of your app-plans scenario is contradicting. For example, you have created a JSPT app which will assign ProfileType1 on Plan1 purchase and another JSPT app assign ProfileType2 again on Plan1 purchase. This will be conflicting.
What else this integration can do?
If admin wants to allow that user can change his profiletype after registration but user can not change his profiletype to those profiletypes which are paid (Paid profiletype means those profiletypes which are automatically assigned to user on any of plan purchase). Then this is completely possible with this integration.
See the above screen-shot, you will see an option in app parameter "Block User to change profile Type", set this option to "Yes".
In this case, whenever user tries to change his profiletype to any of the paid profiletype then he will be redirected to plan subscription page where he has to subscribe the plan for getting that profiletype. User can change his profiletype to only free profiletypes without any interference of PayPlans.