In the previous blog, we have announced PayPlans2.0 Alpha release. Now, We have put a next step ahead with PayPlans2.0 Alpha2 release. The Alpha 2 version concentrates on Wallet System functionality and on the Migration tool i.e. PayPlans Installer, a separate component which will migrate your PayPlans1.x series versions to the new PayPlans2.0
It might be quite surprising for you as we were about to release beta version of PayPlans 2.0 and now we are releasing Alpha2 version. The reason behind this is that PayPlans Installer is still under rigorous testing. Though PayPlans itself is quite stable enough but PayPlans installer still have some issues in migrating from older version (v1.x) to the new one (v2.0).
Wallet System will be the best news for all the customers who have been searching for the e-commerce system which can manage everything regarding receiving and giving payment from and to customer.
We have introduced you with the wallet system concept in our previous blog. If you didn't go through it, have a look at PayPlans 2.0 Alpha release to know what this wallet system is and what are its advantages.
You might be thinking of how PayPlans will work now. So here is your answer.
CASE1 : If admin creates a subscription for a user from back-end, then refer below flow chart :
Create an order
Add a subscription
Add a transaction
Add an invoice
CASE2 : If an end user subscribes to a plan, then the flow of PayPlans will be as given below :
As PayPlans 2.0 is coming up with drastic enhancements so it's very much obvious that there will be multiple changes in the product structure. It could be very tedious job to switch to new series. Now no need to worry, PayPlans2.0 provides migration component named as PayPlans Installer for handling installation and migration from v1.x to v2.0.
Benefits and working of PayPlans Installer :
1. Just click on the Installer once and tell it about your old version and new version. Installer will do all the process automatically.
2. It will check for all the pre- requisite server settings to install PayPlans and inform you if something missing at your server end.
3. It will first take a backup of your site. So if during migration, any conflicts occur, then PayPlans Installer will automatically revert all the settings back to the previous one.
4. If you are using some older version, then sometimes it is required to first upgrade PayPlans to the latest version of that particular series and then install newer series version. In future, PayPlans Installer will automatically update PayPlans if required and then install latest version. So you will not need to take pain of how to upgrade to latest PayPlans from some older version.
5. Currently we maintain PayPlans 2.0 kit in PayPlans Installer itself. So while installing PayPlans, it fetches from there. But in near future, it will be able to fetch PayPlans kit from JPayPlans site.
6. Currently when you install PayPlans installer and then through Installer, you will install PayPlans, you will find PayPlans and PayPlans Installer as two separate components in component list. We have a plan to merge PayPlans installer within PayPlans.
Now you just need to download and install PayPlans installer and it will ask you for the version and will automatically install PayPlans. No need to separately download PayPlans 2.0.
It's the best time when you can try PayPlans 2.0 on your test site only and get handy with this concept. You will surely like it. You can give us your ideas and feedback and also support us in testing. Though we consider all your feedbacks but we will be able to provide a limited support for this release.
NOTE : We strictly recommend you NOT TO USE alpha 2 version at your live sites.